By Liz Parker
Formats and Prices
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around September 13, 2022. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
As featured on The Kelly Clarkson Show
There’s something magical about Yarrow, Kentucky. The three empathic witches of the Haywood family are known for their shadow garden—from strawberries that taste like chocolate to cherry tomatoes imbued with the flavors of basil and oregano. Their magic can cure any heartache, and the fruits of their garden bring a special quality to the local bourbon distillery. On one day every year, a shot of Bonner bourbon will make your worst memory disappear. But the Haywoods will never forget the Bonners’ bitter betrayal.
Twenty years ago, the town gave up more than one memory; they forgot an entire summer. One person died. One person disappeared. And no one has any recollection of either.
As events from that fateful summer start to come to light, there must be a reckoning between the rival Haywood and Bonner families. But untangling the deep roots of this town’s terrible secrets will expose more than they could ever imagine about love, treachery, and the true nature of their power.
- “The perfect blend of magic and mystery.”—Rory Power, New York Times bestselling author
- “This beautiful, remarkable book drew me in deep with its rich, soulful atmosphere and intriguing story. Imbued with a fascinating, wonderfully unique magic, and with relationships that feel really authentic, it is at once dreamlike and genuine. In the Shadow Garden is a powerful debut and a true gift for anyone who loves a mix of witchiness, mystery, and romance.”—India Holton, author of The League of Gentlewomen Witches
- "In the Shadow Garden is an enchanting tale of witchery and wonder, of herbs and whisky, and especially of the persuasive magic of memory. A delightful debut!"—Louisa Morgan, author of A Secret History of Witches
- “A careful examination of grief, healing, and the necessity of sorrow, In the Shadow Garden takes root in you from page one.”—Hannah Whitten, New York Times bestselling author of For the Wolf
- “Full of Southern grit and natural magic, In The Shadow Garden features two families steeped in betrayal, stolen memories, and a garden of sorrow. Liz Parker will keep you on the edge of your seat in this suspenseful, bewitching debut.” —Heather Webber, USA Today bestselling author of Midnight at the Blackbird Café
- “A moving mother-daughter story and lesson on the resilience of women.” —Reader’s Digest
- “Parker packs in several delightful love stories; a murder mystery; a beautiful, plant-based magic system; and a complex history between the two families. All are told with wisecracking humor and a sprinkle of enchantment. The result is a compulsively readable treat that will especially appeal to fans of Alice Hoffman’s Practical Magic series.”—Publishers Weekly
- “An atmospheric and lush world of magic and intrigue. … The setting is well crafted and lovingly detailed, the characters are beautifully alive, and the central mystery is compelling. Parker casts a delightful spell with alternating perspectives and carefully revealed mysteries. Mysterious, compelling, and intelligent.”—Booklist
- “Witty, fun, and witchy. This is both a heartwarming love story and a compulsively readable reminder about the importance of sorrow. A fast read and a delightful one.”—Mary McMyne, author of The Book of Gothel
- “If you’re a fan of Practical Magic, look no further. This book is steeped in layers of mystery and magic, complex family dynamics, romance, and healing. From the start I was captivated.”—Lauren Kung Jessen, author of Lunar Love
- On Sale
- Sep 13, 2022
- Page Count
- 336 pages