Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
How to Find a Fox
By Kate Gardner
Photographs by Ossi Saarinen
Formats and Prices
- ebook $9.99 $12.99 CAD
- Hardcover $17.99 $22.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around September 28, 2021. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Look for tracks. Listen for yips. Be as still as a pebble.
Taking kids on an imaginary trek through different landscapes and seasons, How to Find a Fox celebrates one of our planet's most graceful and enchanting creatures: the red fox. Ossi Saarinen's stunning wildlife photos and Kate Gardner's lively and informative words capture the magical and profound connection between animals and humans. Readers will be inspired to get outside and make their own discoveries–maybe with a camera in-hand, just like Ossi.
"Saarinen's photos are phenomenal...A beautiful book that will draw readers out into nature and put their patience to the test."
—Kirkus Reviews, starred review
- "This riveting picture book introduces foxes through encouraging words and exceptional color photos. Beautifully composed and lit, Saarinen’s photos invite comparison with the work of the best nature photographers in children’s books…. A captivating book for animal lovers."—Booklist, starred review
- "Deftly capturing the majesty, mystery, and downright good looks of foxes, this book is the rarity that proves the rule. Kids don’t get enough truly great photography on their shelves. All the more reason to hand them this, if only to watch their eyes pop right out of their little heads. From rollicking cubs, to extreme close-ups, to landscape shots where the fox is simply a small figure against a sweeping autumnal background, the variety of images is part of the book’s unique lure. You’re simply not going to find a book with photographs of foxes quite as good as this one for kids out there."—Elizabeth Bird, Fuse #8 blog, School Library Journal
- "One of this year’s best picture books."——Julie Danielson, 7 Impossible Things Before Breakfast blog
- "Fun and informative, How to Find a Fox is an ideal and highly recommended addition to family, daycare center, preschool, elementary school, and community library Wildlife picture book collections."—Midwest Book Review “Children’s Bookwatch”
- On Sale
- Sep 28, 2021
- Page Count
- 40 pages
- Running Press Kids