Read by Julia Hobsbawm
Formats and Prices
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around April 12, 2022. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
What has changed in the workplace? Everything.
The traditional office was probably doomed anyway. Then a global shutdown changed everything we thought we knew about work, including where and when it needed to take place. Automation and the Fourth Industrial Revolution have accelerated, and perhaps as much as one third of the world’s permanent workforce will soon become remote. In The Nowhere Office, Julia Hobsbawm offers a strategic and practical guide to navigating this pivotal moment in the history of work and provides lessons for how both employees and employers can adapt.
Hobsbawm draws on her extensive networks in business, academia, and entrepreneurship across generations to offer new ideas about how to handle hybrid working, as well as provides deep insight into how the way we work is being transformed by larger issues such as community, hierarchy, bias, identity, and security. The Nowhere Office describes a unique moment in the history of work which, if understood and handled correctly, can provide a springboard for the biggest transformational change in the workplace for a century: something better, more meaningful, and more workable for everyone.
- “A tour de force of insight, clarity and . . . common sense.”—Adrian Wooldridge, global business columnist, Bloomberg
- “Where else are you going to find such enlightening insights into the future of work?”—James Bell, VP, Pew Research Center
- “A masterful analysis of the reinvention of work in a post-office world.”—Andrew Keen, author of How to Fix the Future
- “Julia Hobsbawm is brilliant at seeing tomorrow’s ideas today.”—Joy Lo Dico, columnist, Financial Times
- “Even-handed and sensible appraisal of the future of work. . . A priceless injection of nuanced thinking and practical suggestions.”—Rory Sutherland, vice chairman, Ogilvy UK
- “The Nowhere Office brilliantly captures the zeitgeist issue of our times—how and where we work.”—Ayesha Hazarika, journalist and broadcaster, Times Radio
- “Every manager or leader who is wondering what to do next about their offices and people needs to read The Nowhere Office.”—Ben Page, Global CEO, ISPOS
- “We need big bold thinkers like Julia Hobsbawm right now more than ever.”—Polly Mackenzie, chief executive, Demos
- “The pandemic has changed the way we work. Julia Hobsbawm’s The Nowhere Office makes the case for embracing the opportunities this brings.”—Financial Times, “The books to read in 2022”
- “An intriguing consideration of this bewildering “liminal in-between time in the history of work.”—Kirkus
- On Sale
- Apr 12, 2022
- Hachette Audio