Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
If the Tomb Is Empty
Why the Resurrection Means Anything Is Possible
By Joby Martin
With Charles Martin
Foreword by Tim Tebow
Read by Joby Martin
Read by Charles Martin
Read by Fred Berman
Formats and Prices
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
- ebook $13.99 $17.99 CAD
- Hardcover $27.00 $34.00 CAD
- Trade Paperback $17.99 $22.99 CAD
- Trade Paperback $13.99 $18.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around February 8, 2022. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
A beloved pastor and a New York Times bestselling author examine scripture and share inspiring personal stories to help show the important role that Jesus’ resurrection plays in our everyday lives.
The Son of God was crucified, died and buried, and He lay in the tomb for three days—until He walked out shining like the sun. In a culture in which history is erased or rewritten at will, the existence of an empty tomb matters. Why?
Because if the tomb is empty—then anything is possible.
In his first book, Joby Martin, Lead Pastor of The Church of Eleven22, dives deep into scripture and traces the story of salvation by highlighting the seven mountains throughout scripture where God manifests himself. As he describes each encounter with God, Martin shows us how the interaction on each mountain laid the groundwork for the sacrifice of Christ on Calvary, and shows what God revealed about Himself in the process. He illuminates seven familiar passages, unveiling how God's plan for Christ's sacrifice is threaded throughout scripture, and shows why Christ's resurrection—impossible, unbelievable—means that nothing is too hard for our God. Ultimately, he asks readers, Do you live every day of your life as if the tomb is empty—or as though Jesus is still hanging on that cross?
Written with New York Times bestselling author Charles Martin, If the Tomb is Empty is an insightful and spiritually rich examination of what the miracle of Christ's resurrection means for all of us.
- "If the tomb is empty, then anything is possible…What if we really believed that? Joby Martin challenges us with this question in his first book and walks us through the scriptures to point us to the life changing truth of Jesus on the cross."—Matt Carter, Lead Pastor of Sagemont Church, Houston, TX, Author of The Long Walk Home
- “Joby Martin gives powerful examples in his own life and throughout Scripture where God intervened in the lives of ordinary people like you and me. He points us to the life-changing gospel of Jesus Christ and the Resurrection because it's the empty tomb that changes everything. With the same passion Joby preaches, his first book will inspire you. Every Christian should read it."—Phil Hopper, Lead Pastor of Abundant Life, Author of Defeating the Enemy and The Weapons of our Warfare
"There is no greater event, no greater story than the one Joby has based this book, his life, and ministry on--the empty tomb. When you finish, you will gain a paradigm shifting outlook on life."
—Bryan Loritts, Author of The Dad Difference
- "In If The Tomb is Empty Pastor Joby calls us into the life we were designed for. With his bold, unflinchingly biblical style he lays a path for the life we are meant to live into. A life of freedom and power. A life marked not just by blessing but rather the one who blesses. Page after page this book is about Jesus. What his resurrection purchased for you and the path into those things. Buy a couple of these and share with friends!" —Matt Chandler, Lead Pastor of The Village Church, President of Acts29
- “Joby Martin has a penned a scripture-rich, no nonsense approach to the tenets of our faith. Don't wait, dive into this book and prayerfully discover the eternal joy that awaits those who would believe that the tomb is empty.”—Shane Everett, Shane & Shane
- “In Joby Martin’s new release, he takes his outstanding skill as a world class Bible teacher and puts it into a book form! This brilliant book is like his teaching – thoroughly Biblical, extremely accessible, and very challenging. Joby helps us discover those defining moments that can be life changing and eternity altering. If you desire to live a life with the same power that left the tomb empty, this book is for you!”—Dave Ferguson, Lead Pastor of Community Christian Church and author of B.L.E.S.S.: 5 Ways to Love Your Neighbor and Change the World
- “The most important Jesus question is simply this: ‘Is the tomb really empty?’ Because if Jesus didn’t walk out of that tomb alive, the Bible and Christianity is nothing more than a morality story. But if he did, everything changes. Joby Martin shows us just how radical those changes can be as he walks us through the difference an empty tomb makes--not just in our religion, but in every area of our life."—Larry Osbourne, Pastor of North Coast Church and author of Lead Like a Shepherd
- “No matter where you are on the journey—doubter, wanderer, seasoned believer—you need this powerful book. Joby Martin starts where you are and invites you to consider the claims and heart of the Gospel by tracing its threads throughout Scripture with fresh and profound insights. The message of Christ’s death, burial and resurrection is more relevant and needed today than ever before and can change everything about your life. Read this to deepen your own spiritual pilgrimage and to equip yourself to share God’s truth in more compelling and inspiring ways.”—Dr. Wess Stafford, President Emeritus, Compassion International and author of Too Small to Ignore and Just a Minute
- “Joby Martin’s message in his first book, If the Tomb Is Empty, is compelling. I’ve been a leader in the church for a long time and yet it challenged me at a heart level about the power of the gospel to change lives and make the impossible possible.”—Dan Reiland, Executive Pastor, 12Stone Church, Author of Confident Leader
"When Joby preaches…I listen! Now, when Joby writes…I read it! So thrilled for the powerful message connected to Jesus that anything is possible. I’m a big Joby fan and you will be too after readying If the Tomb is Empty.”
—Doug Fields, Speaker, Author, Pastor
“Joby Martin’s message in his first book, If the Tomb Is Empty, is one that we all need to hear now more than ever: that the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ can change everything.”
—Larry Moody, President of In the Game Ministries
- “Illogical? Perhaps. Astounding? It can be nothing short of it. Inviting? Always. The declaration that Jesus traded places with us, in order to gift us the right to become children of God is quite literally history-altering news. The knowledge that He did not stay in the tomb, but rose triumphant with the keys to hell, death, and the grave in His hands still causes me to tremble. And yet, with freshness folded into story, my friend Joby reignites passion and pleasure in this message for any willing to journey with him in his first book—If the Tomb is Empty. You will not regret becoming newly or freshly acquainted with the greatest news you have ever heard.”—Léonce B. Crump Jr. Founder, Renovation Church; Author, Renovate: Changing Who You Are By Loving Where You Are
- “In his first book, If the Tomb Is Empty, Joby Martin takes us through the scriptures from one mountain to another and ends at the mountain where the history and eternity of humanity changed forever: Calvary. Joby shows us how Jesus Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection are the most important events in human history and makes it personal by asking, do you live every day of your life as if the tomb is empty and that anything is possible?”—Clayton King, Teaching Pastor and Overseer, NewSpring Church; Founder, Crossroads Camps & Conferences; Author of Reborn & Stronger
- On Sale
- Feb 8, 2022
- Hachette Audio