Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
The Pop-up Pitch
The Two-Hour Creative Sprint to the Most Persuasive Presentation of Your Life
By Dan Roam
Formats and Prices
- ebook $17.99 $22.99 CAD
- Hardcover $27.00 $34.00 CAD
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around November 9, 2021. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
The Pop-Up Pitch is a radical new approach to help you create the perfect presentation, combining three key elements of persuasive storytelling-simple pictures, clear words, and powerful emotions-that together motivate audiences to pay attention, learn something new, and make effective decisions.
The Pop-Up Pitch weaves together the latest insights on visual cognition, behavioral economics, and classic story structures in an easy-to-learn and inspiring storytelling algorithm. In this new era of remote, work and online presenting, it delivers powerful and persuasive outcomes for time-limited professionals dealing with complex ideas, attention-deficit audiences, and the evolving challenges of modern meetings.
- “The storyboard is a highly effective tool for helping people think visually about the problems to be solved, but just as important, it is a wonderful tool for presenting ideas to people who see them for the first time. Dan’s art of visual thinking and presentation is a wonderful creative tool and is well worth mastering.”—Ed Catmull, cofounder of Pixar Animation Studios and president of Pixar Animation and Disney Animation
- “As the world gets more complex, Dan Roam still delivers great simplicity. Mapping out a crystal clear, foolproof process, Roam leads the way through ten steps to more effective storytelling. Next time you have a high-stakes presentation, let this wonderfully practical book be your trusted guide.”—Tom Kelley, coauthor of Creative Confidence and partner, IDEO
- “Make no mistake: Humans are story-driven creatures. Dan’s book brilliantly uses visual-thinking to democratize narrative and meaning so we can all go after what we want.”—Sunni Brown, social entrepreneur, acclaimed author, and doodler-in-residence at MURAL
- “Psychological research demonstrates that sketching is one of the best ways to clarify our own ideas and communicate them to others. In THE POP-UP PITCH, Dan Roam explains how we can use this powerful tool to create a compelling presentation in just a couple of hours—even those of us who ‘can’t draw.’ This is a profoundly imaginative and enjoyable book."—Annie Murphy Paul, author of Origins and The Extended Mind
- “Dan Roam is the master of using simple pictures to sell big ideas. I’ve stolen truckloads from him, and now you can, too!”—Austin Kleon, New York Times bestselling author of Steal Like An Artist
- "Dan Roam has unearthed the core elements of persuasive storytelling and assembled into a single, simple path. If you follow Roam’s approach, you’ll quickly make meaning for your audiences — and for yourself."—Daniel H. Pink, #1 New York Times bestselling author of WHEN, DRIVE, and TO SELL IS HUMAN
- On Sale
- Nov 9, 2021
- Page Count
- 208 pages