By Anja Grebe
Photographs by Erich Lessing
By Vincent Pomarède
Formats and Prices
- Trade Paperback $49.99 $62.99 CAD
- Hardcover $75.00 $95.00 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around March 31, 2020. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Divided and organized into the four main painting collections of the museum—the Italian School, the Northern School, the Spanish School, and the French School—the book includes works by well-known masters like Giotto, Fra Angelico, Ghirlandaio, Botticelli, Leonardo, Raphael, Titian, Veronese, Caravaggio, Van Eyck, Breughel, Memling, Holbein, Van Dyck, Rembrandt, Vermeer, David, Delacroix, La Tour, Fragonard, Gericault, Ingres, Poussin, El Greco, Goya, Velasquez and many more. Four hundred of the most important paintings including the Mona Lisa and Liberty Leading the People, is given a deeper dive with commentary by art historians Anja Grebe and Vincent Pomarede.
Learn more about each artist and painting, and tour the realms of sensational masterpieces without having to leave to comfort of your home.
- "The images are rich and sharp, the descriptions thoughtful and clear.... Altogether, this is a fascinating overview for anyone looking to learn more about the grand old European masters."—USA Today
- "Bring the entire museum collection to your bookshelf."—NJ Star-Ledger
- "With its stunning content and high-quality reproduction....The Louvre is a choice gift for art lovers."—Library Journal
- "This volume belongs on bookshelves. A major contribution to the literature of catalogs of great museum collections."—Bookpage
- On Sale
- Mar 31, 2020
- Page Count
- 784 pages
- Black Dog & Leventhal