Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
By Zoje Stage
Read by Brittany Pressley
Formats and Prices
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
- ebook $14.99 $19.99 CAD
- Hardcover $28.00 $35.00 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around August 17, 2021. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
In this terrifying novel from the bestselling "master of the psychological thriller" and author of Baby Teeth (Entertainment Weekly), three friends set off on a hike into the Grand Canyon—only to discover it's not so easy to leave the world behind.
It was supposed to be the perfect week away . . .
Imogen and Beck, two sisters who couldn't be more different, have been friends with Tilda since high school. Once inseparable, over two decades the women have grown apart. But after Imogen survives a traumatic attack, Beck suggests they all reunite to hike deep into the Grand Canyon’s backcountry. A week away, secluded in nature . . . surely it’s just what they need.
But as the terrain grows tougher, tensions from their shared past bubble up. And when supplies begin to disappear, it becomes clear secrets aren’t the only thing they’re being stalked by. As friendship and survival collide with an unspeakable evil, Getaway becomes another riveting thriller from a growing master of suspense and a “literary horror writer on the rise” (BookPage).
- “A terrifying thriller about female friendship . . . Zoje Stage is continuing her run as the master of the psychological thriller."—Entertainment Weekly
- "Strap into your pack and step into this inky darkness with Zoje Stage, and know that, after the sun goes down, nothing’s safe."—Stephen Graham Jones, New York Times bestselling author of The Only Good Indians
- "Zoje Stage’s Getaway is exactly the kind of heart-in-your-throat, how-are-they-going-to-get-out-of-it thriller that I love—a rip-roaring wilderness adventure story that tests the characters’ physical abilities and moral resolve to their limits. Tense, unpredictable, and utterly compelling, Stage’s complex story of friendship and survival is a must-read. I loved this book!”—Karen Dionne, internationally bestselling author of The Marsh King’s Daughter and The Wicked Sister
- “An outstanding read. Suffice it to say that what follows is a stunning—at times sensitive, at times feral—exploration of just how deep and powerful the bonds of sisterhood and female friendship can be and how a squeaky mouse can become a roaring lion. . . . Recommend as women’s fiction as well as psychological suspense.”—Booklist (starred review)
- “Three friends, the Grand Canyon, a week-long trip: what could go wrong? The blade of dread is at your carotid on every page of Getaway. I loved reading Stage's latest and being taken on this slow, steady descent into hell.”—Erica Ferencik, author of The River at Night
- "Harrowing . . . A nerve-shredding adventure that's as exhilarating—and dangerous—as its awe-inspiring setting."—Taylor Adams, author of No Exit
- “Getaway feels like 127 Hours meets The Descent . . . In Zoje Stage’s latest delightfully disturbing novel, best friends head into the Grand Canyon’s deepest recesses in an adventure that quickly becomes a nightmare.” —CrimeReads
- “Tense and terrifying, Getaway is an extraordinary work of suspense. Stage delivers both a harrowing, heart-pounding thrill ride and an astute exploration of trauma, regret, compassion, and perseverance."—Rachel Harrison, author of The Return
- “If art imitates life, horror fiction is a great mimic, predicting and exploring the frightening and surreal realities of the contemporary world. Exhibit A: Zoje Stage’s mind-bending, trippy second novel, Wonderland. . . . The question of responsibility for the nightmare lingers as does the line between reality and imagination." —Danielle Trussoni, New York Times Book Review, on Wonderland
- “A dazzling hunt and hide chase through the Grand Canyon, as white-hot and pulsing as the Arizona sun. . . . Zoje Stage masterfully displays what happens when female friendship becomes the most powerful weapon in a wilderness fight for survival.”—Jenny Milchman, USA Today bestselling author of The Second Mother
- “Three friends, the Grand Canyon, a week-long trip: what could go wrong? The blade of dread is at your carotid on every page of Getaway. I loved reading Stage's latest.”—Erica Ferencik, author of The River at Night and Into the Jungle
“Zoje Stage is in total control of your nightmare. For those who live to be scared, Wonderland is the book you’ll be glad you cracked open at home, alone, at night.”
—Josh Malerman, New York Times bestselling author of Bird Box, on Wonderland
- “Sublimely suspenseful . . . Stage is a literary horror writer on the rise. Her refined prose and knack for emphasizing small but disquieting details make Wonderland a standout summer suspense selection. Reader be warned: The woods will never look the same once you read Stage’s latest.”—BookPage, on Wonderland
- “A beautifully choreographed and astonishing second novel . . . the horror genre has found an eloquent and unflinching new author.”—Booklist (starred review), on Wonderland
- "Propulsive."—New York Times Book Review, on Baby Teeth
- "A twisty, delirious read."—Entertainment Weekly, on Baby Teeth
- "A deliciously creepy read."—New York Post, on Baby Teeth
- “In Zoje Stage’s masterful, deft hands, a girlfriends’ backpacking trip becomes, instead, a nightmarish descent into unimaginable terror. Chilling, thrilling, spine-tinglingly addictive, and unbelievably tense, I held my breath as I raced through the last hundred pages, desperate to find out what was going to happen. An absolute thrill-ride and a deep dive into female friendship, Getaway deserves to be the top of your summer reading list!”—May Cobb, author of The Hunting Wives
- On Sale
- Aug 17, 2021
- Hachette Audio