Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Song of the Sea: The Graphic Novel
Created by Tomm Moore
Adapted by Samuel Sattin
Formats and Prices
- Trade Paperback $14.99 $19.99 CAD
- ebook $9.99 $12.99 CAD
- Hardcover $24.99 $30.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around March 7, 2023. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Many years after the disappearance of their mother, siblings Ben and Saoirse are still drowning in grief, as is their lighthouse-keeper father. Ben blames his little sister for the loss of their mother, and despite being six years old, Saoirse has yet to speak. When the kids discover that Saoirse is a selkie and the magical world that their mother told stories about is real, they dive into an adventure to keep the spirit world from disappearing forever. Based on the award-winning film Song of the Sea, this graphic novel is a wonder of magical storytelling and visual splendor that is destined to become a classic.
Includes an 18-page bonus story written and illustrated by film creator Tomm Moore and a Gaelic glossary.
Song of the Sea (along with Wolfwalkers and The Secret of Kells) is part of Cartoon Saloon’s Irish Folklore Trilogy which celebrates magic, fantasy, and Celtic mythology.
- "The rich palette...plus design elements hinting of swirls of Celtic knots and spirals, contribute to the sense of an enchanted countryside...A bit of Celtic charm."—Kirkus
- "A lovely adaptation of the 2014 fantasy movie of the same name, this graphic novel expertly recaptures the magic of the Irish folktale...A must-have addition to library collections."—School Library Journal
- On Sale
- Mar 7, 2023
- Page Count
- 272 pages
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers