Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
The Associated Press Stylebook
Formats and Prices
Format:Trade Paperback $24.99 $30.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around July 5, 2022. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
The style of The Associated Press is the gold standard for news writing. With the AP Stylebook in hand, you can learn how to write and edit with the clarity and professionalism for which their writers and editors are famous.
The AP Stylebook will help you master the AP’s rules on grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, abbreviation, word and numeral usage, and when to use “more than” instead of “over.” To make navigating these specialty chapters even easier, the Stylebook includes a comprehensive index.
Fully revised and updated to keep pace with world events, common usage, and AP procedures, the AP Stylebook is the one reference that all writers, editors and students cannot afford to be without.
This edition contains more than 300 new and revised entries, including:
- A new chapter on inclusive storytelling: its importance and how to achieve it.
- Detailed guidance on writing about people with disabilities and disabled people.
- Many updates on immigration, the coronavirus, gender and race-related coverage, including the capitalization of Black and expanded use of singular they.
- A revised chapter on religion, with guidance on when Catholic rather than Roman Catholic should be used on first reference.
- A thoroughly updated chapter on using social media for reporting.
- On Sale
- Jul 5, 2022
- Page Count
- 624 pages
- Basic Books