Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Ready for Absolutely Nothing
Formats and Prices
- ebook $15.99 $20.99 CAD
- Hardcover $30.00 $38.00 CAD
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around January 31, 2023. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
2022 BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR FROM THE TELEGRAPH (UK) AND THE SUNDAY TIMES (UK)
2022 BEST AUDIOBOOKS OF THE YEAR FROM THE TIMES (UK)
This darkly funny, confessional memoir from the star of What Not to Wear tells all: from her posh upbringing and the dishy details of her career in fashion to her journey as a recovering alcoholic.
Hers is a tale full to the brim with extraordinary anecdotes. From lavatory dramas with Princess Margaret, to behind-the-scenes power struggles between Margaret Thatcher and the Queen at Balmoral and eye-opening sex-club etiquette with pop royalty–her social landscape has been nothing if not varied. Many of these stories are hilarious and snarky, some are painful, but all of them are honest, gossipy, and show that, in her words, she was “brought up to be ready for absolutely nothing.” In sharing a peek behind the curtain, Constantine does not hold back and many bold names appear in these pages from Elton John, Princess Diana, The Queen, Mick Jagger, Jerry Hall, Andy Warhol, and our own Anne Glenconner and her husband Colin Tenant.
But appearances are deceptive and beneath the balls and glamour, life has had a darker side: her mother's bipolar disorder, her father's inability to cope and her own subsequent alcoholism. Somehow, she had to forge her own life, away from the expectations of others. Which she did and does.
READY FOR ABSOLUTELY NOTHING is for fans of The Crown, royal followers, readers of LADY IN WAITING, What Not To Wear fans and anyone who likes a gossipy memoir with bold faced names and a drop dead sense of humor.
- "Absolutely brilliant."—Elton John
- "Wonderfully written, very funny, but more than anything completely genuine."—Lady Anne Glenconner, author of Lady in Waiting
- "We lunched better than we danced."—Anton Du Beke, author of The Buckingham Series and host of Strictly Come Dancing”
- "Shrewd, funny, ideally candid and written with great confidence, brio and aplomb. A feisty, thought-provoking delight."—William Boyd, author of Any Human Heart and A Good Man in Africa
- "Funny... never dull"—The Guardian
- "A rollicking ride . . . What a life"—Sunday Times UK
- "A romp . . . Constantine comes across as a trooper with a filthy sense of humor."—The Times UK
- "Sparkling"—Daily Mail UK
- "...amusing, frequently star-studded, regularly filthy — and a cri de coeur against a system that left the author, in her words, 'prepared for little else' but marriage.... Constantine is a delightful companion."—The New York Times
- On Sale
- Jan 31, 2023
- Page Count
- 368 pages
- Hachette Books