By Steph Dyson
Formats and Prices
- Trade Paperback $26.99 $33.99 CAD
- ebook $19.99 $24.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around July 14, 2020. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Snow-covered mountains, bustling cities, temperate rainforests, and coastal wineries: get to know this country of contrasts with Moon Chile. Inside you’ll find:
- Flexible itineraries, from two days in Santiago to the two-week best of Chile, including a road trip along the Carretera Austral
- Strategic advice for outdoor adventurers, backpackers, culture and history buffs, foodies, and more
- Outdoor adventures: Race down the ski slopes of the Andes, summit active volcanoes, or catch a thrill whitewater rafting down Río Futaleufú. Spend the night star-gazing in the Atacama Desert or wander the enigmatic Rapa Nui (Easter Island). Hike through Patagonia’s wild national parks and spot wild foxes and Humboldt penguins
- Detailed hike descriptions with individual trail maps marked with duration, elevation change, and difficulty level
- Local flavors and culture: Explore the trendy restaurants and vibrant nightlife of Santiago or savor the catch of the day at a tiny seaside restaurant. Sip your way through the vineyards of the Casablanca Valley, sample locally-made pisco, or let loose with a terremoto cocktail. Get to know Chile’s rich culture and history while strolling through charming historic quarters and visiting UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Insider recommendations from seasoned explorer and Chile expert Steph Dyson on when to go, where to eat, how to get around, and where to stay
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Reliable background information on the landscape, climate, wildlife, and history
- Handy tips for families, seniors, students, and travelers with disabilities
With Moon Chile’s practical tips and insider expertise, you can plan your trip your way.
Exploring more of South America? Try Moon Patagonia or Moon Machu Picchu.
- On Sale
- Jul 14, 2020
- Page Count
- 688 pages
- Moon Travel