Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Read by LaQuita James
Formats and Prices
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
- Board book $7.99 $11.99 CAD
- ebook $6.99 $8.99 CAD
- Hardcover $17.99 $22.99 CAD
- Trade Paperback $7.99 $11.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around January 26, 2021. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Celebrate different hair shapes, textures, and styles in this self-affirming picture book! From dreadlocks to blowouts to braids, Princess Hair shines a spotlight on the beauty and diversity of black hair, showing young readers that every kind of hair is princess hair.
Debut author-illustrator Sharee Miller encourages confidence and pride in this playful, colorful picture book that teaches readers to love every bit of themselves.
- * "After decades of white princesses' domination of American fairytales, Miller expands the vision of what princess hair can look like to black girls....A sweet and joyful affirmation of the truth that 'NAPPY princesses are HAPPY princesses.'"—Kirkus Reviews, starred review
- "This is the perfect book for young girls, but especially girls who might not be happy with their hair because it's different from the hair that they see on others."—The Huffington Post
- "This exuberant, colorful collection of words and pictures is a stylish pick-me-up for any little princess who's ever had a bad hair day. Delightful."—USA Today
- "In this adorably illustrated book for early readers, debut author Sharee Miller celebrates the diversity of black hair...showing young girls that whether you wear dreadlocks or puffs, you're still a princess."—Real Simple
- On Sale
- Jan 26, 2021
- Hachette Audio