Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Don't Touch My Hair!
Formats and Prices
- Hardcover $17.99 $22.99 CAD
- Board book $7.99 $11.99 CAD
- ebook $6.99 $8.99 CAD
- Trade Paperback $7.99 $11.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around November 6, 2018. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
It seems that wherever Aria goes, someone wants to touch her hair. In the street, strangers reach for her fluffy curls; and even under the sea, in the jungle, and in space, she’s chased by a mermaid, monkeys, and poked by aliens . . . until, finally, Aria has had enough!
Author-illustrator Sharee Miller takes the tradition of appreciation of black hair to a new, fresh, level as she doesn’t seek to convince or remind young readers that their curls are beautiful — she simply acknowledges black beauty while telling a fun, imaginative story.
- Praise for Don't Touch My Hair:
An ALA Children's Notable Book
* "[Sharee] Miller tells it like it is. Miller's lighthearted touch effectively delivers a serious, necessary message about respecting boundaries."—Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "After decades of white princesses' domination of American fairytales, Miller expands the vision of what princess hair can look like to black girls.... A sweet and joyful affirmation of the truth that 'NAPPY princesses are HAPPY princesses.'"—Kirkus Reviews, starred review
"This is the perfect book for young girls, but especially girls who might not be happy with their hair because it's different from the hair that they see on others."—The Huffington Post
"Miller offers a joyful celebration of the diversity of Black girlhood and Black girls' hair."—The Bulletin
"Sharee Miller’s winning story ultimately teaches a valuable lesson about personal boundaries. Aria is a young Black girl with bouncy curls. Everywhere she goes, folks want to touch her hair. Her imagination carries her to distant lands, even ones with dragons, so she can avoid the hands that always want to touch her hair without asking. Colorful illustrations add drama to this wonderful story about standing up for yourself when others go too far."—Reader's Digest
- On Sale
- Nov 6, 2018
- Page Count
- 40 pages
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers