Visit our store for discounts & free shipping over $35 SHOP NOW>>
Moon Washington DC
Neighborhood Walks, Historic Highlights, Beloved Local Spots
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around November 17, 2020. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
From strolling the National Mall to hobnobbing at happy hour, get to know the nation’s capital with Moon Washington DC.
- Navigate the Neighborhoods: Follow one of our guided neighborhood walks through the National Mall, Dupont Circle, U Street, and more
- Explore the City: Snap the perfect photo of the Washington Monument, stand where MLK delivered his “I Have a Dream” speech, and visit the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Arlington National Cemetery. Walk the halls of Frederick Douglass’s home, journey through the incredible Smithsonian museums, or tour the U.S. Capitol from dome to crypt. Paddleboat along the Potomac during cherry blossom season and shop the boutiques in Georgetown
- Get a Taste of DC: Chow down on a late-night half-smoke at Ben’s Chili Bowl or grab brunch and a new book from Busboys and Poets. Dig into diverse, authentic fare from Ethiopia, Afghanistan, the Philippines, and more, savor Michelin-starred seafood at a waterfront restaurant, or order up a Chesapeake crab cake at a neighborhood joint
- Bars and Nightlife: Watch a groundbreaking performance at the Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company, catch a live band at the 9:30 Club, or dance to a DJ set at the Black Cat. Sip scotch where former presidents once did, try a five-course cocktail tasting menu, or kick back with a beer and fries at a quintessential DC dive bar
- Local Advice: DC journalist Samantha Sault shares her love of the nation’s capital
- Strategic, Flexible Itineraries including the three-day best of DC, four days with kids, and day trips to Alexandria, Annapolis and Easton, and Shenandoah National Park
- Tips for Travelers including where to stay and how to navigate the Metro, plus advice for international visitors, LGBTQ+ travelers, seniors, travelers with disabilities, and families
- Maps and Tools like background information on the history and culture of DC, full-color photos, color-coded neighborhood maps, and an easy-to-read foldout map to use on the go
With Moon Washington DC’s practical tips and local insight, you can experience the best of the city.
Expanding your trip? Check out Moon Virginia & Maryland. Visiting more of America’s cities? Try Moon Boston or Moon New York City.