Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
The Invisible String
Illustrated by Joanne Lew-Vriethoff
Formats and Prices
- Trade Paperback $9.99 $12.99 CAD
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around October 30, 2018. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Parents, educators, therapists, and social workers alike have declared The Invisible String the perfect tool for coping with all kinds of separation anxiety, loss, and grief. In this relatable and reassuring contemporary classic, a mother tells her two children that they're all connected by an invisible string. "That's impossible!" the children insist, but still they want to know more: "What kind of string?" The answer is the simple truth that binds us all: An Invisible String made of love. Even though you can't see it with your eyes, you can feel it deep in your heart, and know that you are always connected to the ones you love. Does everybody have an Invisible String? How far does it reach? Does it ever go away? This heartwarming picture book for all ages explores questions about the intangible yet unbreakable connections between us, and opens up deeper conversations about love.
Recommended and adopted by parenting blogs, bereavement support groups, hospice centers, foster care and social service agencies, military library services, church groups, and educators, The Invisible String offers a very simple approach to overcoming loneliness, separation, or loss with an imaginative twist that children easily understand and embrace, and delivers a particularly compelling message in today's uncertain times. This special paperback edition includes vibrant new illustrations and an introduction from the author.
"This book is a beautiful way to begin to try, as parents, to instill in children the impenetrable power of the heart, the energy of love, and the flow that can be felt from the grace in every moment." –Tony Robbins
Over 1.5 MILLION copies sold!
A USA Today Bestseller
An Amazon Bestseller
A Publishers Weekly Bestseller
- "A wonderful storybook for children experiencing separation anxiety."—Today's Parent
- "It’s the most beautiful, beautiful book, and it actually makes me cry every time."—Sara Haines, ABC’s The View
- “Unravel some of the complexities of grief for young children with this bestselling book.”—CNN Underscored
- "Delivers a particularly compelling message in today's uncertain times that though we may be separated from the ones we care for, love is the unending connection that binds us all."—The American Academy of Pediatrics
"[Promotes] a vision of global unity and empathy...effective."
"Whether kids are having separation anxiety or dealing with divorce or even death, this sweet story is very reassuring."
- "Children of all ages (and yes, adults too!) feel a great sense of peace and joy realizing that we are all connected to the ones we love through The Invisible String."—The National Association of School Psychologists
- "The message of The Invisible String resonates with children and adults alike.... The two ends of the treasured Invisible String are families and schools. This String, reinforced on each side, buoys students with love, guidance, direction. But when one end weakens, the entire String falters.... When we need support, reassurance, or simply a kindred spirit, just give the String a tug and someone will tug back. This is powerful, and will keep your child on track through...his or her education journey."—Carmen Fariña, former Chancellor, NYC Department of Education
- On Sale
- Oct 30, 2018
- Page Count
- 40 pages
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
The Invisible String