Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
I Love My Hair!
Illustrated by E. B. Lewis
Formats and Prices
- Trade Paperback $8.99 $12.99 CAD
- Board book $7.99 $10.49 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around September 1, 2001. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
In this imaginative, evocative story, a girl named Keyana discovers the beauty and magic of her special hair, encouraging black children to be proud of their heritage and enhancing self-confidence.
I Love My Hair! has been a staple in African-American picture books for 20 years, and now has a fresh, updated cover that shines on the shelves!
- "A very special book about self-acceptance."—School Library Journal
- "A celebration of African-American identity....Lewis's watercolors are masterful."—Booklist
- "A gracefully told story....Author and artist impart a reassuring message about the importance of appreciating who they are."—Publishers Weekly
- "Wonderful....[A] sweet story of learning to love yourself without compromise."—Chicago Tribune
- On Sale
- Sep 1, 2001
- Page Count
- 32 pages
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers