Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
By Molly Idle
Formats and Prices
- Hardcover $18.99 $23.99 CAD
- ebook $9.99 $12.99 CAD
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around October 9, 2018. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Sometimes the tiniest light can shine the brightest! Like the other mermaids of the deep, Pearl longs to care for the endless beaches, coral reefs, and towering kelp forests of her vast ocean world. So when her mother asks her to tend to a mere grain of sand, Pearl is heartbroken. It takes all her patience and determination to discover how even the littlest mermaid can transform the world.
Caldecott Honor-winning author and artist Molly Idle has masterfully crafted a modern classic in this mesmerizing tale about the immense power of small actions.
- * "For her fable about patience and perseverance, Idle has created stunning watery spreads, full of curves reflecting the gently scalloped edges of the giant clam that is Pearl's home. ...Careful word choice and thoughtful phrasing make this a pleasure to read aloud. A gentle, glowing lesson that even the smallest efforts can lead to large, even environmental results."—Kirkus Reviews, starred review
- [*] "This contemporary fable is sure to captivate."—School Library Connection, starred review
- "Glorious."—School Library Journal
- "The story soars toward a light-filled, celestial conclusion."—Publishers Weekly
- On Sale
- Oct 9, 2018
- Page Count
- 48 pages
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers