Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Billy Twitters and His Blue Whale Problem
By Mac Barnett
Illustrated by Adam Rex
Formats and Prices
Format:Hardcover $18.99 $23.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around June 23, 2009. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Some interesting facts about blue whales: A blue whale is longer than thirty dogs lined up nose to tail. Its tongue weighs as much as four hundred cats. Consequently, blue whales make terrible pets…just ask Billy Twitters. When his parents threaten to teach him responsibility by giving him a whale, Billy isn't worried: 'It's not like you can just have one delivered to your house overnight.' But he's wrong. It arrives via FedUp (motto: 'Delivering Punishment Worldwide'), and it's up to Billy to take care of it!
"Tons of fun."—Publishers Weekly
Don't miss these other books by Mac Barnett!
Chloe and the Lion
How This Book Was Made
Rules of the House
On No! (Or How My Science Project Destroyed the World)
Oh No! Not Again! (Or How I Built a Time Machine to Save History)
- "Definitely funny and slyly subversive."—Kirkus Reviews
- "Tons of fun."—Publishers Weekly
- "Rex's goofy illustrations blend the realistic with the fantastic...Young readers will likely enjoy the ridiculous premise, and the many whale facts worked seamlessly into the tale."—School Library Journal
- "A headlong plunge into surrealism ensues when Billy Twitters' parents punish him by giving him a blue whale. The cleverness is in the idea's literal-mindedness."—The New York Times Book Review
- On Sale
- Jun 23, 2009
- Page Count
- 48 pages
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers