Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Journey to Extreme Coziness
By Loryn Brantz
Formats and Prices
Format:Hardcover $16.99 $22.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around January 5, 2021. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Learn how to become one with your blanket in this quirky and hilarious picture book from Loryn Brantz, bestselling author of Feminist Baby.
Behold, the powers of your blanket are REAL.
From the best-selling author of Feminist Baby, Feminist Baby Finds Her Voice, and Feminist Baby! He’s a Feminist Too! comes a witty and charming picture book about discovering the power of your blanket. Readers will learn how to make their own snuggly, cuddly cocoon and all the things you can do when you feel safe and warm. Your blanket might take you to space, under the deep blue sea, or anywhere you can imagine. But what happens when you leave your blanket? Not knowing is scary, but also exciting!
This adorable and exuberant story is filled with open-ended questions that encourage readers to be true to themselves, both inside and outside of their blankets.
- "[I]ts illustrations have the recognizable feel of Brantz’s well-known feminist cartoons with the wonderful textural complexity of a blanket collaged out of photographed fabric."—Booklist
- "Dynamic illustrations rely on simple shapes, expressive close-ups, and hilarious shots of the ebullient child, cleverly turning the blanket cocoon into a metaphor for the process of growing up. An engaging, energetic, amusing, and affirming must for blanket lovers."—Kirkus
- "Kids will want to take this bedtime read under the covers.... As you'd expect from Brantz, creator of the Feminist Baby series, the theme of empowerment ("We could be anything!") is expertly woven into the plot."—Parents Magazine
- "Using an illustration technique that evokes the knitted softness of the title, Blanket tells the story of a child finding comfort in their blanket cocoon before metamorphosing into something even greater."—Entertainment Weekly
- On Sale
- Jan 5, 2021
- Page Count
- 40 pages
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers