Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
William's Winter Nap
By Linda Ashman
Illustrated by Chuck Groenink
Cover design or artwork by Chuck Groenink
Formats and Prices
- Hardcover $17.99 $18.99 CAD
- ebook $17.99 $22.99 CAD
- ebook (Enhanced Edition) $17.99 $22.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around October 10, 2017. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Just when William is ready to fall asleep in his cozy cabin, there is a tap on his window. A chilly chipmunk asks to stay, and Will scooches over in bed. "There's room for two — I'm sure we'll fit." The chipmunk is just the first in a parade of mammals, each bigger than the last, until the bed is full. Then a note is slipped beneath the door: "Do you have room for just one more?" William tugs the door to see who's there . . . only to find a great big BEAR! Is there enough space to spare? Will the other animals be willing to share?
Kids will delight at each new guest's arrival and enjoy counting along as the animals keep scooching over to fit in William's bed. Linda Ashman's clever rhymes set up each page turn with suspense and humor, and the expressions on Chuck Groenink's characters are perfect. This is must reading for the dark time of year when everyone wants to hibernate!
- *"Beautifully paced, rhymed, and cadenced . . . The text reads aloud well, with natural places for kids to join in . . . a subdued palate of deep blues, grays, and tawny browns . . creates a strong sense of the setting and the appealing characters. Just right for reading aloud on cold, wintry nights." —Booklist (starred review)
- *"Ashman's meticulously crafted rhymes are a delight to read, and the page turns build gently tension (who's at the door now?) Groenink makes the cabin look eminently cozy. . .And his forest creatures--who yawn in unison with William each time they try to get some shut-eye--are as adorable as it gets."—Publishers Weekly (starred review)
- On Sale
- Oct 10, 2017
- Page Count
- 40 pages
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers