Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
One Minute till Bedtime
60-Second Poems to Send You off to Sleep
Edited by Kenn Nesbitt
Illustrated by Christoph Niemann
Formats and Prices
- Hardcover $19.99 $25.99 CAD
- ebook (Digital original) $12.99
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around November 1, 2016. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Just one more before bedtime? Please??
It’s time for tuck-in, and your little one wants just one more moment with you–so fill it with something that will feed the imagination, fuel a love of reading, and send them off to sleep in a snap. Reach for a one-minute poem!
Former Children’s Poet Laureate Kenn Nesbitt presents a blockbuster collection of all-new poetry penned by some of the most beloved and celebrated poets of our time, including Jack Prelutsky, Jon Scieszka, Mary Ann Hoberman, Nikki Grimes, Lemony Snicket, Jane Yolen, and many more. Illuminated with dreamlike wit and whimsy by New York Times illustrator and award-winning artist Christoph Niemann, here is a new bedtime classic.
When the busy day is drawing to a close and the whole family is ready for rest, take a minute for poetry and send your little one off to sleep.
- * "These pithy poetic observations and Niemann's engaging illustrations prove at once antidote and anodyne for the sleep-averse child demanding just one more....A dreamy collection of bedtime poems and witty illustrations that's anything but sleepy."—Kirkus Reviews, starred review
- * "With a broad range of voices and sentiments, the collection delivers poems to meet any mood."—Publishers Weekly, starred review
- * "Exuberant for the most part (with some serious musings to lend ballast) and in perfect harmony with its cartoonish, color-washed illustrations, this sleepy-time volume is just the thing for the rhyme-loving child who has graduated from Mother Goose."—School Library Journal, starred review
- "Nonsense poems, wordplay, nature, whimsy, and tenderness all mix together here in a collection that families with children from preschool through primary grades and beyond will enjoy reading together before bed."—Horn Book
- "This is a treasury to be dipped into as needed, and therefore it's suitable for a wide range of listeners...."—The Bulletin
- On Sale
- Nov 1, 2016
- Page Count
- 176 pages
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers