Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Moon Olympic Peninsula
Coastal Getaways, Rainforests & Waterfalls, Hiking & Camping
Formats and Prices
- Trade Paperback $17.99 $22.99 CAD
- ebook $2.99 $3.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around May 18, 2021. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
- Flexible itineraries, from a weekend in Olympic National Park to a week-long tour of the peninsula, for outdoors enthusiasts, families with kids, and more
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences: Tour the oldest lighthouse on the Puget Sound, explore Kurt Cobain's hometown, or immerse yourself in the region's rich maritime history. Dig for a dinner of fresh razor clams in the wet coastal sand and savor fresh-caught Dungeness crab. Stroll through a fragrant lavender farm, shop for handcrafted goods, or peruse small-town galleries for local art. Sample one-of-a-kind red blends and fruit wines or kick back with a local brew and some jazz music
- The best hikes of the Olympic Peninsula: Find your adventure with hike descriptions, directions, difficulty ratings, and elevation gains
- Outdoor adventures: Wander through the ethereal Hoh Rain Forest, marvel at the panoramic views from Hurricane Ridge, or hike through the old-growth forests of Olympic National Park. Take a waterfall-filled backpacking trek through the Sawtooth Mountains, camp on the banks of the Skokomish River, and soak in the restorative waters of the Olympic Hot Springs. Spot hundreds of species of birds in the largest natural sand spit in the world or study starfish and sea stacks on the rugged northern coast
- Local insight from Washington-born journalist Jeff Burlingame on when to go, where to stay, and what to bring
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Helpful background on the landscape, wildlife, climate, and local culture, plus tips on getting around the peninsula
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
- On Sale
- May 18, 2021
- Page Count
- 256 pages
- Moon Travel