Formats and Prices
- Trade Paperback $14.99 $16.50 CAD
- ebook $9.99 $12.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around April 3, 2012. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
When their matchmaking efforts fizzle, the Widows turn to another new bachelor. Amputee and Afghan vet Sam simply wants to be left alone — a desire that’s as good as a red flag to the Widows! Soon they’re scheming to pair him up with Willow, his beautiful physical therapist, a divorced mother of two who is afraid of commitment, Perrine’s small-town tale is a big-time triumph of gentle humor, fast-paced plot, and wonderfully engaging characters.
"...will definitely appeal to fans of Jan Karon's "Mitford" series and other readers who enjoy homespun fiction about small-town life."
"[G]entle, funny, romantic, and honest new series.... The veteran author and ordained minister has a sure eye for smalltown church drama, as well as the dynamics of life in a town where everyone knows your business. Perrine does a fine job blending small and large story lines, portraying details and dilemmas of regular folks, and offering spiritual messages from real life. This is a delightful first volume in what promises to be a wonderful series."
- "In the first book of a new series, Perrine visits a small town in Texas filled with quirky residents. Fun characters and a storyline that will hit close to home for a number of readers make this novel appealing to a wide variety of people."—RT Book Reviews
- "A warm, witty, wonderful book. I loved it, and you will, too.—Susan Mallery, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author
- "Funny, touching, and charming, The Welcome Committee of Butternut Creek is a slice of small-town life at its heartwarming best!"—Colleen Thompson, Award-winning author
- "Perrine has penned a charming, heartwarming story with endearing characters and a lovely small town. I adored Butternut Creek and its residents."—Vicky Dreiling, author of How to Marry a Duke
- "Wow! Jane Myers Perrine has penned an amazing story with heart, hope, and humor. She created a setting with such unique and spunky characters that you can't help but fall in love with the people and the place. Grab a comfortable chair, and the book and get swept away to Butternut Creek, a quaint town where friendship, romance, and laughter are abundant. Perrine has a beautiful knack of storytelling and creating unforgettable characters that makes this series a must read."—Christie Craig, author of Hotter In Texas, the humorous romantic suspense series released by Grand Central/Forever
- "I couldn't resist. The Widows' scheming had me grinning, and I loved how all the quirky, lovable characters got my mind off my worries."—Lorraine Sullivan, Associate Editor of First for Women
- "...a down-to-earth, life-like story that everyone can relate to, and the characters were well-developed with depth and great emotions. The romance is sweet and spiritual. A truly extraordinary story."—Coffee Time Reviews, on Deep in the Heart
- "With small-town charm and the perfect amount of humor, Perrine's second novel set in Butternut Creek is sweet and engaging."—Romantic Times on The Matchmakers of Butternut Creek
- On Sale
- Apr 3, 2012
- Page Count
- 384 pages