Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
The Edge of Summer
By Erica George
Formats and Prices
- ebook $9.99 $12.99 CAD
- Hardcover $17.99 $22.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around June 14, 2022. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Fans of Sarah Dessen and Morgan Matson will be swept away by this big-hearted novel about one girl navigating first loss and first love during her summer on Cape Cod.
Saving the whales has been Coriander Cabot and her best friend Ella’s dream since elementary school. But when tragedy strikes, Cor is left to complete the list of things they wanted to accomplish before college alone, including a marine biology internship on Cape Cod.
Cor’s summer of healing and new beginnings turns complicated when she meets Mannix, a local lifeguard who completely takes her breath away. But she knows whatever she has with Mannix might not last, and that her focus should be on rescuing the humpback whales from entanglement. As the tide changes, Cor finds herself distracted and struggling with her priorities.
Can she follow her heart and keep her promise to the whales and her best friend?
- "The narrative’s strong ecological message and George’s (Words Composed of Sea and Sky) expertly drawn seaside setting make for a pensive summer romance."—Publishers Weekly
- "Reading The Edge of Summer feels like spreading your arms wide and letting the summer sun warm your face and the wind off the ocean almost lift you off the ground. A gorgeous, evocative story of love, friendship, new beginnings, and navigating the valley of grief."—Jeff Zentner, Morris Award-winning author of The Serpent King and In the Wild Light
- "The feeling of summer transformed into a heartwarming book that is a love letter to Cape Cod, whales, and the beauty of life."—Crystal Maldonado, author of No Filter and Other Lies and Fat Chance, Charlie Vega
- "A heartfelt story that demonstrates the power kindness and acceptance can have on a person….This is a great beachy YA romance that is perfect for fans of Sarah Dessen and Jenny Han."—SLJ
Praise for Words Composed of Sea and Sky:
"Past and present are beautifully interwoven in an evocative story about claiming one's voice."
—Joy McCullough, author of Blood Water Paint
- "Past and present narratives collide in this charming, romantic, and beautifully atmospheric debut. A delight."—Nora Shalaway Carpenter, author of The Edge of Anything
"In two parallel timelines featuring equally delightful characters, Erica George thoroughly immerses the reader in the small town atmosphere and seaswept shores of Cape Cod, where passions swell and break like the rising of the Atlantic tide. Much like a buttery lobster roll on a warm summer’s day, this tenderhearted debut was pure enjoyment from start to finish!"—Jennieke Cohen, author of Dangerous Alliance and My Fine Fellow
- “Lyrical and moving, Words Composed of Sea and Sky weaves past and present into an emotional and atmospheric tale of love, family, and courage that refuses to be put down. An incredible debut!”—Rachel Bateman, author of Someone Else’s Summer
"A beautiful story about love and making your voice heard."
—School Library Journal
"There are two plucky heroines and four handsome hunks in this sweeping romance—and the author successfully juggles them all. The narrative effectively balances big, swoonworthy moments against smart character work."
- “Readers will enjoy the gentle humor and the romance.”—Booklist
- On Sale
- Jun 14, 2022
- Page Count
- 320 pages