Read by Suehyla El Attar
Read by Elizabeth R. Ricker
Read by Lindsey Loon-Ricker
Formats and Prices
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around August 17, 2021. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
- One of "12 Books to Start a Smart New Year" by The Wall Street Journal
- One of the "Top Book Bites of 2021" by New York Times bestselling authors Malcolm Gladwell, Susan Cain, Adam Grant, and Dan Pink's Next Big Idea Club
- Nominated for the Audie, Porchlight, Nautilus, and William James Book Awards
You will end up better able to:
- Stay in control emotionally, even under pressure
- Pay better attention and think faster
- Learn faster and remember more
- Be more creative
- Which brain hacks work for you personally—and which ones don't
- Which brain hacks are research-based
- Which brain hacks are cost-effective and doable in 15 minutes a day
While you're learning, you'll have fun. Smarter Tomorrow author Elizabeth R. Ricker guides you on a wild and edifying romp through the cutting-edge world of neuroscience and biohacking. You'll encounter Olympic athletes, a game show contestant, a memory marvel, a famous CEO, and scientists galore.
Join a quest for the Holy Grail within each of us: the optimized brain.
In Smarter Tomorrow, Ricker shares the spoils of her decade long adventure. After countless expert interviews, poring through hundreds of research studies from around the world, and testing dozens of tools on herself – including nicotine, video games, meditation, and even a little-known beverage from the Pacific islands – she explains how some experiments failed hilariously, while others transformed her cognition. She was able to sharpen her memory, increase her attention span, boost her mood, and clear her brain fog. By following Ricker's customizable system, you'll uncover which approaches work best to boost performance in your unique brain.
Join a growing, global movement of neurohackers revolutionizing their careers and relationships. Let Smarter Tomorrow change 15 minutes of your day, and it may just change the rest of your life.
"With a scientist's eye and an explorer's heart, Ricker sets out to optimize everything from cognition to creativity. If you're a brain-owner, you should be running experiments on yourself -- and this is the guidebook you're going to want."–– David Eagleman, author of Livewired and Incognito
- On Sale
- Aug 17, 2021
- Hachette Audio