Formats and Prices
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around March 1, 2016. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Many of us have long been told that fat makes us fat, contributes to heart disease, and generally erodes our health. Now a growing body of research is debunking our fat-phobia, revealing the immense health and weight-loss benefits of a high-fat diet rich in eggs, nuts, oils, avocados, and other delicious superfoods.
In his new book, bestselling author Dr. Mark Hyman introduces a new weight-loss and healthy living program based on the latest science and explains how to Eat Fat, Get Thin, and achieve optimum wellness along the way. Offering practical tools, meal plans, recipes, and shopping lists, as well as step-by-step, easy-to-follow advice, Eat Fat, Get Thin is the cutting edge way to lose weight, prevent disease, and feel your best.
- "Dr. Mark Hyman has helped thousands of people lose weight and lead happier, more energetic lives. His powerful insights on the dynamics of dietary fat will change the way you think about everyday eating, and show you how easy it is to enjoy a healthier, more satisfying diet."—Toby Cosgrove, CEO of Cleveland Clinic
"A great read that helps make sense of all the conflicting information we've come to believe about including fat in our diets. Dr. Hyman shows, yet again, the powerful role nutrition plays in all of our lives."
- "Eat Fat, Get Thin cuts through the big fat lies we've all been fed about dietary fat-including us doctors. Sharing his own experience and that of his many patients, Dr. Hyman lays out a dietary plan that is satisfying, delicious, sustainable, and healthy. Finally we can all kick that low- fat muffin to the curb. And get our slim, healthy bodies back!"—Christiane Northrup, MD, author of Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom
- "Dr. Hyman hammers home that fats should be the foundation of our diet, an easy step given the power of the research he presents and his delicious recipes."—Mehmet Oz, MD
- "Eat Fat Get Thin deftly reveals how our long-held beliefs about dietary fat are fundamentally flawed and based on misinformation. And beyond the in-depth scientific validation, Dr. Hyman's empowering narrative provides an action plan enabling everyone the opportunity to recapture health and finally attain a healthy body weight."—David Perlmutter, MD, author of Brain Maker and Grain Brain
"For forty years, we've been told, 'if you don't want fat on your body, don't put fat into your body.' So we cut back on fat from our diet only to become heavier than ever before. Mark Hyman cuts through the confusion, offering a practical (and delicious) way to lose weight for good. I recommend Eat Fat, Get Thin enthusiastically."
—David Ludwig, MD, PhD, Professor, Harvard Medical School, and author of Always Hungry?
"Dr. Mark Hyman has provided an elegant insight into the confusing world of fat. Adding the right type of fat can be a powerful addition to any diet. More importantly, he provides the clinical markers you need to reach to be truly well regardless of your diet. While there is no one ideal diet for everyone, titrating your diet using his basic principles and by adjusting the fat content until you reach his markers of wellness makes this a must-read book for everyone concerned about their future health."
—Dr. Barry Sears, author of The Zone
- "Sixty percent of the solid weight of your brain is fat. If someone calls you a fat head say thank you! Eat Fat, Get Thin is a smart, well-researched, delicious roadmap to help you get and stay healthy, reverse illness, and optimize your brain. I highly recommend it."—Daniel G. Amen, MD, founder of Amen Clinics and author of Change Your Brain, Change Your Life
- "Dr. Mark Hyman is one of the most important voices in the world of medicine, health, and nutrition. And his new book--Eat Fat, Get Thin--is exactly why. Armed with clear up-to-date research and years of clinical success, Dr. Hyman explodes the outdated concept of the evils of dietary fat, and explains in an easy-to-understand fashion how the right fats for your body are indeed the right fats for your ideal weight. And he gives you the program to put it all to great use. It's time to do a big course correction in how we understand the fat in our food, and the fat on our bodies. Mission accomplished! Eat Fat, Get Thin may be the most important and effective diet book of the decade. This is way more than a book about losing weight. It's all about being the healthiest and most well nourished version of you. I couldn't recommend this book more highly."—Marc David, founder of Institute for the Psychology of Eating and author of The Slow Down Diet and Nourishing Wisdom
"Mark Hyman is a food revolution superstar. Here he makes a clear and powerful case that for most people, low-fat isn't the answer, but high-quality fats is. I have no doubt that the vast majority of people will be far healthier for following his advice."
—John Robbins, author of Diet for a New America and co-founder of The Food Revolution Network
- "Putting another nail into the dietary-fat-is-bad dogma, Dr. Mark Hyman's Eat Fat, Get Thin shows how this unfairly maligned, often-misunderstood macronutrient can help you become lean, healthy, and full of energy. Don't miss this groundbreaking book!"—JJ Virgin, CNS, CHFS, Celebrity Nutrition and Fitness Expert, author of The Virgin Diet and The Sugar Impact Diet
"Oftentimes the best way to get the dramatic results we most crave in our lives is to bust through the myths, confusion, and misperceptions that are part of our popular culture. In Eat Fat, Get Thin, Dr. Mark Hyman does exactly that. If you're sick and tired of being sick and tired, listen to this leading voice and follow his simple, yet revolutionary plan to lose weight, regain your energy and clarity and feel great."
—Nick Ortner, author of The Tapping Solution
- "In Eat Fat, Get Thin, Dr. Hyman explains how we got into our current dietary disaster zone, and delivers his own potent and practical prescription that can make a world of difference. For many people, this book could be a life-saver."—Ocean Robbins, CEO, The Food Revolution Network
"Eat Fat, Get Thin is an amazing guide for anyone wanting to answer the question: 'What should I eat for optimal weight and health?' Dr. Hyman has done a superb job of sorting through the confusing science around fat, making this an excellent resource for everyone, including doctors wanting to explain to their patients why our recommendations have changed. The recipes are simple, delicious, and even my picky kids love them. This book is part of what I 'prescribe' to my patients every day."
—Carrie A. Diulus, MD, Medical Director and Spine Surgeon, Crystal Clinic Spine Wellness Center
- On Sale
- Mar 1, 2016
- Page Count
- 544 pages
- Little Brown Spark