Formats and Prices
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around August 5, 2014. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Accomplishing the impossible, Gideon steals the parchment–only to learn that hidden beneath the gorgeously illuminated image is a treasure map dating back to the time of the ancient Greeks. As they ponder the strange map, they realize that the treasure it leads to is no ordinary fortune. It is something far more precious: an amazing discovery that could perhaps even save Gideon’s life.
Together with his new partner, Amy, Gideon follows a trail of cryptic clues to an unknown island in a remote corner of the Caribbean Sea. There, off the hostile and desolate Mosquito Coast, the pair realize the extraordinary treasure they are hunting conceals an even greater shock-a revelation so profound that it may benefit the entire human race . . . if Gideon and Amy can survive.
- "The action zigzags like an out-of-control rocket toward a double-deceptive conclusion."—Kirkus Reviews on Gideon's Corpse
- "Gideon, an engaging fellow from the get-go, lives up to his initial promise, demonstrating an intelligence and resourcefulness that should endear him to adventure fans."—Booklist on Gideon's Corpse
- "Like Michael Crichton, Preston and Child weave their stories at a thrilling pace...Preston and Child never fail to entertain. And GIDEON'S CORPSE is a thriller that ranks high among their many co-authored offerings to date."—BookReporter.com
- "Preston and Child deliver a tight, literate thriller...The writing is fast-paced and cinematic."—New Mexico Magazine on Gideon's Corpse
"Ever timely and provocative, Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child have given us yet another one of their taut page-turners in GIDEON'S CORPSE...The issue is never if he'll escape, but how. It's the thrill of the ride that counts, and GIDEON'S CORPSE gives the reader a front seat."
—Albuquerque Journal on Gideon's Corpse
- "The writing is taut and intense with twists and turns to surprise even the die-hard thriller fan...the authors make it fresh and original."—RT Reviews on Gideon's Corpse
- On Sale
- Aug 5, 2014
- Page Count
- 368 pages
- Grand Central Publishing