Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
The Alphabet's Alphabet
By Chris Harris
Illustrated by Dan Santat
Formats and Prices
- ebook $9.99 $12.99 CAD
- Hardcover $17.99 $22.99 CAD
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around September 29, 2020. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
For fans of P is for Pterodactyl comes this groundbreaking spin on the ABCs from an acclaimed bestselling author and artist duo!
Here’s a totally twisted take on the alphabet that invites readers to look at it in a whole new way: An A is an H that just won’t stand up right, a B is a D with its belt on too tight, and a Z is an L in a tug-of-war fight! Twenty-six letters, unique from each other — and yet, every letter looks just like one another! Kind of like…one big family.
From two bestselling masters of wordplay and visual high jinks comes a mind-bending riddle of delightful doppelgängers and surprising disguises that reveal we’re more alike than we may think. You’ll never look at the alphabet the same way again!
- "The tongue-in-cheek rhyming text is engaging and will be appreciated by youngsters."—Booklist
- "With over-the-top creativity, Santat's illustrations use a soft colored palette of secondary colors. For use in preschools or alphabet-themed story times, this funny and creative ABC book will delight children and adults alike."—School Library Journal
- "Recommended for fans of wordplay and other pun-filled alphabet books such as Tom Lichtenheld's E-mergency!"—Horn Book
- "The collaboration produces an amusing, imaginative excursion, and it prods readers -- especially those new to reading and writing -- to visualize similarities between the symbols. Harris's versifying nails rhyme and meter, and Santat's endless stream of energy delivers on over-the-top gag after another."—Publishers Weekly
- On Sale
- Sep 29, 2020
- Page Count
- 48 pages
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers