Visit our store for discounts & free shipping over $35 SHOP NOW>>
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around December 15, 2020. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Experience the breathtaking and unspoiled islands that await just a short hop from mainland Portugal with Moon Azores. Inside you'll find:
- Strategic, flexible itineraries for exploring individual islands or combining them into a longer trip, with coverage of Porto and Lisbon
- The top outdoor adventures: Cave-dive into the depths of an extinct volcano, soak in a steaming hot spring, and catch some sun on Santa Maria's golden sand beaches. Dive or snorkel in crystalline waters filled with shipwrecks, submerged volcanoes, seamounts, and colorful marine life. Spot dolphins, humpback whales, and more on an island cruise and go bird-watching on a lush São Jorge fajã. Hike to stunning viewpoints above Sete Cidades Lake or summit the epic, snow-capped Mount Pico
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences: Wander past cobbled squares and whitewashed buildings to marvel at the striking Old Gates of Ponta Delgada. Stroll through sprawling gardens of exotic plant and secret grottoes in Terra Nostra Park or sip authentic Gorreana tea at Europe's only tea plantation. People watch over a cup of Azorean coffee in the UNESCO historical center of Angra do Heroísmo or admire the famous mariner murals in Horta Marina. Savor fresh seafood and local charcuterie in a seaside village, browse traditional cheeses at a morning market, and sample basalt wines on Pico
- Expert advice from long-time Portugal resident Carrie-Marie Bratley
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Background information on landscape, history, and cultural customs of the islands
- Helpful resources on COVID-19 and traveling to the Azores
- Handy tools such as visa information, a Portuguese phrasebook, and tips for LGBTQ+ travelers, seniors, families, and more
With Moon's practical tips and local know-how, you can experience the best of the Azores.
Heading to the mainland? Check out Moon Portugal.