Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Ginny Off the Map
Formats and Prices
- Hardcover $16.99 $22.99 CAD
- ebook $9.99 $12.99 CAD
Also available from:
There are two things Ginny Pierce loves most in the world: geography facts and her father. But when her dad is deployed overseas and Ginny’s family must move to yet another town, not even her facts can keep her afloat. The geography camp she’s been anxiously awaiting gets canceled, and her new neighbors prefer her basketball-star sister. Worst of all, her dad is in a war zone and impossible to get ahold of. Ginny decides that running her own camp for the kids on her street will solve all her problems. But can she convince them (and herself) that there's more to her than just facts?
With a fierce heart and steadfast determination, Ginny tackles the challenges and rewards of staying true to herself during a season of growth. This thoughtful novel explores the strength that develops through adversity; Ginny must learn to trust her inner compass as she navigates the world around her.
Praise for Ginny Off the Map:
A Junior Library Guild Gold Standard Selection
* "Chapters open with interesting geography facts, and delightful spot art throughout enhances the text. It’s hard to write with such simple authenticity: The world needs more stories like this."—Kirkus, starred review
- * "Caroline Hickey portrays the full emotional cycle of deployment with accuracy and compassion. Immersive first-person chapters, which each open with a geography fact, accurately convey the comfort and the isolation that can accompany an intense special interest alongside Ginny’s broadening recognition of the needs of the people around her."—Publishers Weekly, starred review
- "Caroline Hickey has created a heroine whose attempts to chart her path are both winsome and relatable. A deployed parent, sister problems, a move to a new town—Ginny uses her facts, and her heart, to navigate them all. This book should be on every middle-grade reading list."—Katherine Marsh, Edgar Award-winning author of Nowhere Boy
- "A perfect blend of humor and heart!"—Erica S. Perl, author of All Three Stooges and When Life Gives You O.J.
- "Ginny will charm you with her antics — and her facts — as she learns to both make and become a good friend."—Kristin Levine, author of The Lions of Little Rock
"Unique: that’s what Ginny decides she is, and that’s what Ginny Off the Map is, too, as it seamlessly weaves truly fun and fascinating geography facts into an engaging, honest story that zips along at a brisk pace."
—Valerie Tripp, author of many books in the American Girl series
- "Any kid who’s struggling to find their place will fall in love with this humorous, sweet, and heartfelt novel. Fans of The Penderwicks will find the same warmth and compassion in Hickey’s characters."—Tammar Stein, The Sydney Taylor Honor Award winning author of The Six-Day Hero
- "Fact: This book is wise, honest and utterly charming. I LOVED Ginny Off the Map!"—Lisa Greenwald, author of Dear Friends and The Friendship List series
- On Sale
- Jun 20, 2023
- Page Count
- 320 pages
- Christy Ottaviano Books