Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
A Modern Guide to Cocktails and Spirits
By Carey Jones
Formats and Prices
- Hardcover $24.99 $29.99 CAD
- ebook $13.99 $16.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around May 24, 2016. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
From “one of the best cocktail writers around” (Library Journal) Carey Jones, comes a unique and practical guide to the most inventive drinks being served by real mixologists in Brooklyn clubs and bars today. Featuring full color images, recipes, tips, and handily organized by spirit, The Brooklyn Bartender also profiles the bars, pubs, and gastropubs and the resident bartender’s recommendations for events and more.
- Chapters on gin, vodka, whiskey, rum and cachaca, tequila, mezcal, brandy, amaro and more
- Details on wine, beer, and bubbly treats
- Techniques, or when to shake and when to stir
- Recipes for syrups and infusions
- Tips on stocking your home bar for any event
- A primer on standard equipment for upping your mixing talent
Whether you want to sit at one of these cool bars and sip the house creation or begin your own mixing at home inspired by the experts from New York City’s coolest borough, The Brooklyn Bartender is a great addition to your home library and the perfect gift. Cheers!
- "Even the staunchest teetotaler will work up quite a thirst while perusing what is easily one of the best cocktail books this year."—Publishers Weekly, Starred Review
- On Sale
- May 24, 2016
- Page Count
- 304 pages
- Black Dog & Leventhal