Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Books That Drive Kids CRAZY!: This Is a Ball
By Beck Stanton
By Matt Stanton
Formats and Prices
- Hardcover $16.99 $22.99 CAD
- ebook $9.99 $12.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around June 13, 2017. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
The Books That Drive Kids CRAZY! series offers parents, teachers, and storytellers a hilarious script for fun reading time together. Book 2, This Is a Ball, is a boldly absurd spin-off of concept books, and an audaciously contrarian invitation for readers to practice deadpan delivery: after all, the picture on the cover clearly shows a cube, not a ball. The page that declares a princess is flying a kite at the beach shows an alien holding a balloon in a city…and on and on. What is WRONG with this silly book? Kids will demand to know–and all readers will be howling with laughter all along the way. With strikingly simple text and art, Books That Drive Kids CRAZY! are ideal picks for emergent readers.
Praise for Books That Drive Kids CRAZY!: This Is a Ball:
"A string of narratorial mistakes...gives children a chance to gleefully correct the adult reading it aloud....Another metafictive storytime crowd-pleaser."
"It's a solidly funny concept...kids will have a ball with This Is a Ball."
- "Kids will get a kick out of this mixed up tale."—Pregnancy & Newborn
"Funny, clever, deliciously dry...this book encourages kids to think outside the square, and hopefully, somewhere deep in that unlimited subconscious, understand that what we see is all about perception. What a powerful thought."—Kids' Book Review (Australia)
- "[The Book with No Pictures, Press Here, and Mix It Up] are international bestsellers and deservedly so, but closer to home we now have a book which is just as delightfully frustrating, clever and nuts."—Children's Book Daily (Australia)
- "Kids will fall into fits of giggles as you try to tell them a car is a bike, and they'll only stop laughing long enough to correct you or beg to hear it all again."—Newcastle Herald (Australia)
- "Not only does this book encourage object recognition, it's crazy fun for your kids."—Perth's Child (Australia)
- Praise for Did You Take the B from My _ook?:
"It's a winning bit of interactive silliness that offers insight into the way small changes can have big results where words are concerned."
- On Sale
- Jun 13, 2017
- Page Count
- 32 pages
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers