Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Read by Amanda Troop
Read by Will Collyer
Formats and Prices
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
- ebook $11.99 $15.99 CAD
- Hardcover $28.00 $35.00 CAD
- Trade Paperback $16.99 $22.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around July 13, 2021. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Groundhog Day meets One Day in December in this funny and romantic novel about a couple who call off their wedding after a disastrous rehearsal dinner—only to wake up the next morning stuck in a time loop.
Two people. One wedding. No end in sight.
"A sweet, delightful romance." —People
“Irresistible.” —Elin Hilderbrand
"An enchanting and compelling look at life's what-if's." —Helen Hoang
"Terrific fun from beginning to end." —Sarah Haywood
Megan Givens and Tom Prescott are heading into what is supposed to be their magical wedding weekend on beautiful San Juan Island. But with two difficult families, ten years of history, and all too many secrets, things quickly go wrong. After a disastrous rehearsal dinner they vow to call the whole thing off—only to wake up the next morning stuck together in a time loop. Are they really destined to relive the worst day of their lives, over and over? And what happens if their wedding day does arrive?
A funny, romantic, and big-hearted debut novel, The Rehearsals imagines what we might do if given a second chance at life and at love—and what it means to finally get both right.
- “A funny, clever, enchanting story about finding our way back to ourselves and to those we truly love. It had me spellbound from the first page. . . . The Rehearsals is refreshingly honest about the ups and downs of long-term relationships, whether romantic or family, handling its themes with wit and zest. Terrific fun from beginning to end!”—Sarah Haywood, author of the New York Times bestseller and Reese Witherspoon X Hello Sunshine Book Club pick The Cactus
- "A truly absorbing read, told with wit and heart, and impossible to put down. Annette Christie is a master of creating characters that feel like friends, where you hate to turn that last page and say goodbye."—Jen DeLuca, author of Well Met
- "Christie's sparkling and witty debut explores the tangled web of the night before a wedding. Through Tom and Megan, we discover the importance of second or more chances, and how learning to listen (to others and yourself) is the key to love and happiness." —Roselle Lim, author of Natalie Tan's Book of Luck and Fortune and Vanessa Yu's Magical Paris Tea Shop
“I was thrilled when the story delivered, one hundred percent, on the promise of its intriguing premise. Christie grabbed me on the first page and didn’t let me go until the end, when I closed and book and smiled. A warm and touching novel by a wonderfully talented author.”
—Mary Simses, author of The Wedding Thief
- “A compelling, clever look at the hard work of growing up in our relationships—with friends, family, lovers, and ourselves—woven through with humor and tremendous heart.” —Rosie Danan, author of The Roommate
- “A deeply special book, warm and wise and filled with undeniable tenderness. Annette Christie draws her not-quite-newlyweds Megan and Tom with tremendous empathy, and I rooted for them on all their wild misadventures, eager to find out what would happen each time they woke up. An effervescent, one-of-a-kind love story.”—Rachel Lynn Solomon, author of Today Tonight Tomorrow
- "A refreshing and very astute observation of relationships, both the ones you have with the people closest to you and the one you have with yourself. It's smart and nuanced, the kind of book that makes its reader feel seen. Anything set around a wedding is kryptonite for me, and Annette Christie beautifully weaves wedding angst with secrets, betrayals, confrontation, and what it really means to choose someone else, and yourself. . . . A beautiful, fun, surprising book.”—Laurie Elizabeth Flynn, author of The Girls Are All So Nice Here
- "A humorous, honest look at the complexities of relationships and the sacrifices we make to maintain them. A refreshing read for fans of Rachel Lynn Solomon and Emily Henry."—Suzanne Park, author of Loathe at First Sight
- "Utterly captivating, charming, and brilliant. With a compelling plot and relatable characters, The Rehearsals explores the raw emotions behind the question of 'what if' and the true meaning of second chances."—Sonia Hartl, author of Heartbreak for Hire and Have a Little Faith in Me
- “A whip-smart Groundhog Day reincarnation that will have you laughing and cringing in equal measure. The Rehearsals not only takes you on a wild ride, it forces you to ask yourself if you’re living your best life. Hilarious, heartfelt, and stay-up-all-night addictive.”—Kelly Siskind, author of New Orleans Rush
- On Sale
- Jul 13, 2021
- Hachette Audio