The fabulous foursome readers embraced as The Mysterious Benedict Society is back with a new mission, significantly closer to home. After reuniting for a celebratory scavenger hunt, Reynie, Kate, Sticky, and Constance are forced to go on an unexpected search--a search to find Mr. Benedict. It seems that while he was preparing the kids' adventure, he stepped right into a trap orchestrated by his evil twin Mr. Curtain.
With only one week to find a captured Mr. Benedict, the gifted foursome faces their greatest challenge of all--a challenge that will reinforce the reasons they were brought together in the first place and will require them to fight for the very namesake that united them.
—School Library Journal
Praise for The Mysterious Benedict Society: - A Booklist "Top Ten Youth Science Fiction and Fantasy" Title - A Top 10 Children's BookSense Pick
* "Begins with a bang... resembles the otherwordly experience of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." - Publishers Weekly (starred review)
* "Fans of Roald Dahl or Blue Balliett will find a familiar blend of kid power, clues, and adventure." - School Library Journal (starred review)
* "Tackles personal concerns: abandonment, family, loyalty, and facing one's fears." - Booklist (starred review)
- "Real flashlight under the bedclothes material... this story flies past, thrilling us as it goes." - Horn Book
* "Dashes of mild humor and introspection rest on a solid base of suspense, mystery, and well-rounded characters, making this a satisfying dish for readers of varying tastes." - The Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books (starred review)
- "Do not miss this one. Buy two copies because they will be needed." - VOYA—
Trenton Lee Stewart is the author of The Secret Keepers and the award-winning and New York Times bestselling Mysterious Benedict Society series. He lives in Little Rock, Arkansas.