Brazen Careerist

The New Rules for Success
By Penelope Trunk (Hardcover Book, 2007)
Are you taking long lunches? Ignoring sexual harassment? Do you keep your desk neat to the point of looking like you don't have enough to do? The answer to all three should be yes, if you want to succeed in your career on your own terms. Penelope Trunk, expert business advice columnist for the Boston Globe, gives anything but standard advice to help members of the X and Y generations succeed on their own terms in any industry. Trunk asserts that a take-charge attitude and thinking outside the box are the only ways to make it in today's job market. With 45 tips that will get you thinking bigger, acting bolder, and blazing trails you never thought possible, BRAZEN CAREERIST will forever change your career outlook.

Guy Kawasaki, author of The Art of the Start
"Take everything you think you 'know' about career strategies, throw them away, and read this book because the rules have changed. 'Brazen,' 'counter-intuitive,' and 'radical' are the best three descriptions of Trunk's work. Life is too short to be stuck in a rat hole..."

Robert I. Sutton, Ph.D, author of the New York Times Bestseller The No Asshole Rule
"A delightful book, with some edgy advice that made me squirm a bit at times. I agreed with 90% of it, found myself arguing with the other 10%, and was completely engaged from start to finish."

Paul D. Tieger, author of Do What You Are and CEO of SpeedReading People, LLC
"Penelope Trunk brings considerable savvy and a fresh new perspective to the business of career success. Bold and sometimes unconventional, BRAZEN CAREERIST gives readers much to think about as well as concrete, practical suggestions that will help them know what they want, and know how to get it."

Keith Ferrazzi, bestselling author of Never Eat Alone: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time
"BRAZEN CAREERIST has the street-smarts you need to make your career and life work for you from the start. Read it now, or you'll wish you had when you're 40!"
  • Business Plus
    • Format: Hardcover Book

    • Price: $25.99 US/$31.99 CAN

    • ISBN-13: 9780446578646

    • On Sale Date: 05/25/2007

    • Publisher: Grand Central Publishing

    • Imprint: Business Plus

    Formats Available: Hardcover Book, Electronic Book

  • Newsletter

    Don't miss updates about our authors, including book tour info and new book releases.

Are you taking long lunches? Ignoring sexual harassment? Do you keep your desk neat to the point of looking like you don't have enough to do? The answer to all three should be yes, if you want to succeed in your career on your own terms. Penelope Trunk, expert business advice columnist for the Boston Globe, gives anything but standard advice to help members of the X and Y generations succeed on their own terms in any industry. Trunk asserts that a take-charge attitude and thinking outside the box are the only ways to make it in today's job market. With 45 tips that will get you thinking bigger, acting bolder, and blazing trails you never thought possible, BRAZEN CAREERIST will forever change your career outlook.

Guy Kawasaki, author of The Art of the Start
"Take everything you think you 'know' about career strategies, throw them away, and read this book because the rules have changed. 'Brazen,' 'counter-intuitive,' and 'radical' are the best three descriptions of Trunk's work. Life is too short to be stuck in a rat hole..."

Robert I. Sutton, Ph.D, author of the New York Times Bestseller The No Asshole Rule
"A delightful book, with some edgy advice that made me squirm a bit at times. I agreed with 90% of it, found myself arguing with the other 10%, and was completely engaged from start to finish."

Paul D. Tieger, author of Do What You Are and CEO of SpeedReading People, LLC
"Penelope Trunk brings considerable savvy and a fresh new perspective to the business of career success. Bold and sometimes unconventional, BRAZEN CAREERIST gives readers much to think about as well as concrete, practical suggestions that will help them know what they want, and know how to get it."

Keith Ferrazzi, bestselling author of Never Eat Alone: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time
"BRAZEN CAREERIST has the street-smarts you need to make your career and life work for you from the start. Read it now, or you'll wish you had when you're 40!"

PENELOPE TRUNK lives in
Madison, Wisconsin.
  • "BRAZEN CAREERIST is a delightful book, with some edgy advice that made me squirm a bit at times.  I agreed 90% of it, found myself arguing with the other 10%, and was completely engaged from start to finish."
                  --Robert I. Sutton, PhD, author of National Bestselling The No Asshole Rule

    "Penelope Trunk brings considerable savvy and fresh new perspective to the business of career success.  Bold and sometimes unconventional, BRAZEN CAREERIST gives readers much to think about as well as concrete, practical suggestions that will help them know what they want, and know how to get it." 
                --Paul Tieger, author of Do What You Are and CEO of SpeedReading People, LLC

    "BRAZEN CAREERIST has the street-smarts you need to make you need to make your career and life work for you from the start.  Read it now, or you'll wish you had when you're 40!"
               --Keith Ferrazzi, author of National Bestselling Never Eat Alone: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time

Formats

Product Details

Brazen Careerist
  • Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
  • Price: $25.99 US/$31.99 CAN
  • Pages: 224
  • Physical Dimensions: 5-1/2" x 8-1/4"
  • Audio Run Time: 0
  • ISBN-13: 9780446578646
  • On Sale Date: 05/25/2007
Also By This Author
Brazen Careerist