David Sedaris's brilliantly skewed vision of the world is captured in an entirely new form: six delightfully animated short movies inspired by the author's diary entries.
Against the backdrop of bold, colorful graphics and music composed especially for this app, six stories unfold in David Sedaris's own voice:
• At a chain hotel near Santa Cruz, perhaps the worst hotel service ever.
• A moment of rare insight into the difference between German and American parenting styles.
• On a plane approaching Michigan, a flight attendant shares the secret of "crop dusting."
• Pigeons behaving badly prompt a consideration on scatological invective.
• A frost-bitten toe in your cocktail? Welcome to Anchorage!
• How a barn owl in Cheshire, England, made the author think differently about marriage.
David Sedaris (writer and narrator) is the author of the bestselling books Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk, When You Are Engulfed in Flames, Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim, Me Talk Pretty One Day, Holidays on Ice, Naked, and Barrel Fever. His writings appear frequently in The New Yorker and are heard on Public Radio International's This American Life.
Laurie Rosenwald (animator) has contributed drawings to The New Yorker, the New York Times, and many other publications. She is the author of All the Wrong People Have Self-Esteem and, for children, And to Name But Just a Few: Red, Yellow, Green Blue. She teaches a popular workshop in New York called "How to Make Mistakes on Purpose."